10.5.10

Finnish singer, Jenni Vartiainen.

Last year, I found Jenni Vartiainen at Youtube and just fell in love with her. I can't speak Finnish, but it doesn't really matter to me anyway.

The first song I heard by Jenni Vartiainen was 'Ihmisten edessä' (and it's still my favorite song). Lately, I usually listen to 'En Haluu Kuolla Tänä Yönä'. And today I found this music video (Yay!). Of course I don't know what lyrics means and so I don't know what director wanted to show through the music video. BUT I can't help but fall in love with this song and video. I think that this video is weird and odd in a good ways. I keep watching it over and over again.

PS. I also heard she sang 'Sunnuntaina sataa aina' and 'Kulkuri ja Joutsen'. I loved it so I left a comment at that video and someone 'heireikko' kindly sent me a message. 'heireikko' told me that original of 'Sunnuntaina sataa aina' was performed by late legendary Finnish singer, Tapio Rautavaara. It's really good to know beautiful Finnish songs. :)

I want to direct her music video someday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment